The intention of the Super Simple Pillowcase is to allow student from our Pillowcase class to remember and re-create this project over and over again. For that reason, we have developed simple - step by step - instructions based off of our class. For those who haven't taken the class, no problem, follow along and you can also make this adorable pillowcase in NO TIME FLAT!
1. Supplies needed ~ 3/4 yard for the body of the pillow and 1/4 yard for the cuff.
2. Prep the accent band by folding it the long way and iron it so the cuff will measure 4 1/2" x 44"
3. Pin the raw folded edge of the band to the 'pretty' side of the pillow's body that measures 44" in length.
4. Sew your 44" accent band in place with the 44" width of the pillow case body using 3/8" seam allowance.
5. Now, clean up your raw edge using your overlocking foot - or a simple zig zag stitch if you don't have the overlocking capabilities on your home machine.
6. Press the seam to the side of the body of the pillowcase.
7. Turn over your fabrics and iron the right side so that you have a beautifully pressed seam.
8. Top stitch the Accent band on the body side of the fabric, using a 1/4" allowance from the edge of the accent band.
9. Looking Good!!!!!!
10. Line up your fabrics for cutting. fold the 'pretty' sides together so they roughly measure 22"x34" after being folded in half.
11. Take your rotary cutter and straighten up both raw edges of the length and the width to be 21"x33"
12. Now you're ready to sew!
13. Again, set your needle to a 3/8" seam allowance and starting at the raw edge corner, where the accent band meets - reinforce and sew the perimeter of the raw open edges. (No need to sew at the fold line)
14. Lastly, remember to sew an overlocking stitch or a zig zag around those raw edges so the fabric doesn't fray.
Voila - You are done!!!!! Great Job!